No family members or personal friends of an inmate are
allowed to accompany any professional visitor during a
- Do not give the inmate any articles that contain
staples or other metal objects.
- Do not let an inmate keep pencils or pens.
- Do not bring in food, money, cigarettes, or drugs
of any type to an inmate
- All legal material to be left with an inmate must
be inspected by a staff member.
- No items may be given to an inmate without authorization
from jail staff (excluding legal material which must
be inspected only). If you are unsure what an inmate
may keep, consult a jail staff member.
- Do not bring weapons of any kind into the
- Photographs of inmates are not allowed.
- Cell phones or other electronic devices may not be
brought into the security area.
- Tape player (audio and video), TV, or audio CD player
will be provided if needed.
- You and your possessions are subject to be searched
prior to entering the security area.
- While in the security area you must follow the directions
of jail staff, to include leaving when instructed
to do so.
- The introduction of contraband into the jail may
result in criminal and or civil prosecution.
- While the jail staff will do all in its power to
protect you while visiting, the Northern Neck Regional
guarantee your safety while in the security area.
- While in the Security Envelope of the jail, you can be provided with a Personal Alarm Device. This device will report your location and summon an emergency response from security staff with the press of a button. The device is only to be activated where there is an imminent threat of physical assault.
The device will not be activated for any other reason. Visitors misusing the device may lose the privilege of checking out the device on future visits.
Just request the unit from the visitation officer. You will wear the device utilizing the lanyard provided and must turn it back in to the visitation officer when you leave.