Under certain circumstances, the court may allow a convicted
person to serve his or her sentence on weekends.
If you have been sentenced to serve weekends at the
Northern Neck Regional Jail, then you need to review
the following information:
- Be at the jail at 7 p.m. Friday
unless the sentencing court has authorized a different
- Bring a photo ID.
- Do not consume alcohol for 12 hours previous to arriving
at the jail. Consumption of alcohol may result in
loss of weekender status.
- Do not bring extra clothing, books, food, or other
- Do not bring cigarettes, lighters, or other smoking
materials into the jail.
- In accordance with Virginia law, persons are charged
a fee for weekend or non-consecutive confinement.
Therefore, you will need to bring $8.00 ($4.00 per
day) with you
for each two-day confinement.
- Weekenders are usually released at 10:00 a.m. on
Sunday Morning. You must have a vehicle at the jail
to have someone to pick you up upon release.
- Jail Staff cannot excuse you from serving a weekend
sentence. Only the sentencing court can authorize
a weekend waiver. You must contact the court, who will
contact the jail. Should you not appear to serve
your weekend, your weekend status may be revoked by